Saturday, February 26, 2011

ENGLISH: AS EASY AS 123


Learning English can be as easy as 123 but applying it correctly is as hard as Trigonometry.


   Upon receiving a paper containing erroneous sentences from some of our blog posts, I immediately checked if committed some of it. My heart was pounding hard inside my chest! Luckily, after reading the last sentence, I knew none of the 40 errors was mine.

   We tackled the sentences one by one; then, I realized that some of it were the same errors students always commit. Though the lesson has been discussed already, we still get it wrong. We know the rules, yet we still make mistakes. It is because we students tend to overlook our sentences, and I admit that I am one of them.


   Grammar lessons are taught not only to broaden our knowledge but also to be put into writing. In my opinion, Writing is where we can fully express what we think and feel. And English being the medium of instruction is understood by almost everyone. So in order to be understood well, correct grammar is important.



   I am not fluent in writing or speaking english, but there is always a room for improvement. Listening intently, being focused and having the desire to learn and become better are some of the characteristics I need to acquire in order to improve my grammar and writing skills. Reading a lot can be a big help too. it may sound hard and requires real effort, i do believe in the filipino saying that: 

 "walang imposible sa taong nagsisikap"
                                                                                                  

2 comments:

  1. This is excellent and I love the passage preceding your post.:D

    ReplyDelete